Frida Kahlo Self Portrait with Hummingbird BagLOQI
This LOQI tote bag features "The Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird" by Frida Kahlo. In this piece, Kahlo uses symbolic elements to express her feelings. A purple scarf, adorned with two silver butterflies, resembles a crown with the butterfly as a symbol of rebirth. Kahlo's optimism shines alongside her suffering: "Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?".
The Mexican artist Frida Kahlo (1907-1954) created 143 paintings out of which 55 are self-portraits, her character shining through in her paintings. “Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.”
- Reusable tote bag featuring Frida Kahlo's The Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird © Banco de México Diego Rivera Frida Kahlo Museums Trust / VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn 2021
- Measures approximately 50 x 42cm
- Can carry up to 20kg
- Made from water resistant 100% recycled taffeta
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified
- LOQI is certified CO2 Neutral by Planetly
LOQI bags are super-strong, long-lasting, water-resistant and extremely good looking. LOQI collaborates with artists from around the world to bring you a wide range of the most original bag designs possible, including the world’s finest artworks from the world’s finest museums.